Friday, March 13, 2009

Welcome

Welcome family, friends, and fellow crafters,
This is my first post on my new blog. Several friends have encouraged me to do this, so here goes the next step for me~into blogosphere.

For those who may not know the latest news: I now have a shop on "etsy.com". This, my shop, http://www.riricreations.etsy.com/ came about shortly before Christmas of 08. I thought I'd make some small steps toward living more "green" and began to recycle Christmas cards (using elements from the fronts of old cards I had saved many years~way more years than I'm willing to admit in writing here! :) Well, it was so much fun creating original greetings to (hopefully) bless others that I started doing my own designs. And~wow! one of the sets of my original Christian Christmas cards sold before Christmas. The rest, as they say, is history. My friends have been affirming me every step of the way in this new journey, and I'm having incredible fun creating handmade greeting cards (and a few other specialty items)...not to mention I've already met incredible customers (who've purchased from me) across the US in more than a dozen different states, and even across the world; one of my sales this week was to an incredibly gifted writer, dollmaker, blogger in PORTUGAL! Wow!

I feel very, very blessed to be able to use the creativity God gave me to encourage others, and now I'm finding I don't have enough time to create all the designs swirling around in my head. But I'm also blessed to still be serving in ministry as a pastoral counselor at St. Mary's Woods part-time, and teaching 22 bright, energetic, gifted piano students (with more to be added soon, when I open up a new evening in my schedule this month.)

I'm hoping this blog will give me a change to stay in touch with family, friends, and new friends and customers. I plan (for now, unless God gives me a different vision) to do this:

1.Post one creative idea each week (this may not just be cards~it might be home decor...etc...

2.Post one devotional thought, short and sweet, each week. I receive by email not just funny jokes, but devotional encouragement from quite a few people, and I can't tell you how many times the particular subject for that day matches some situation I'm going through.

3. Post one or two of my latest, greatest card ideas: This might be one of my designs newly released, or it could be a design from someone else I admire. It might even be a link to someone else's shop, which is the least I can do, considering so many folks have marked my shop as a favorite already on etsy.

4. Finally, I hope to post some upbeat, encouraging thought for the week~this may or may not be scripture: it might just be an upbeat thought, or seasonal musing, or a quirky or funny quote, or a funny (clean) joke. Hopefully it will be somewhat like a "cyber hug" for my readers.

So, watch for more posts, bookmark my blog, and always, PLEASE KEEP THE GREAT FEEDBACK coming: I love your suggestions and I love hearing from each of you.

I'll sign off with 2 thanks:
First and foremost to God: You've led me all these years and continue to amaze me in this latest step in our journey together...Thank you, and help me to keep seeking you FIRST. (Matt. 6:33)
Finally: to my amazing, committed, supportive, helpful, adoring, superhusband Tommy~you complete me. I'm so thankful for the last 25 years, and looking forward to 25+ more with you :

Blessings,
Rita French
http://www.riricreations.etsy.com/
Riri83@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment