Sunday, March 15, 2009

live, learn, laugh and love~short and sweet

LIFE and LOVE:
One of my most favorite quotes ever: (I may put this on a card or in a frame soon...)
"When you were born, you were crying, and everyone around you was laughing. Live your life in such a way, that at the end, you are laughing, and everyone around you is crying." Very profound.

LEARN:
Info for coffee lovers: I found a recipe for mocha from "flylady" that I really like when it's cold outside. It's easy to make at home: Heat cup (or large mug) of water in microwave. Add 1 Tbsp. instant coffee, 2 Tbsp. Nestles quik, and 3 Tbsp. of carnation powdered milk. It's not starbucks, but it's way cheaper, and I add a packet of sweet and low to mine...

LAUGH: Sorry I don' t have a cute joke for today~this weekend I've laughed out loud:
1. as my daughter's pups playfully chased each other around the island in our kitchen..
2. at the bud light commercial where they throw the guy out the window-gets me every time!
2. when my Duke basketball boys surprised themselves hitting 3's in the ACC champ game!
3. (it was laugh or cry) when I realized the income (pay) and outflow (bills) were way too close.

I hope you've loved and laughed today,
Blessings to all,
Rita

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Rita,
    Glad for the opportunity to read your blog!
    Can't wait to be a "follower".
    I wanted post notes for my boys..would love their names on them.
    Palmer Parker & Davis.
    Visit my blogspot some day too.
    morelikemartha.blogspot.com
    My love to you on a beautiful day..Love Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Cassie, will call you about the notes for your boys. I'm new to all this blogging~and facebook~ but love, love getting your freemarket updates each week. You are such a blessing to me and SOOOOO many~hugs, and we'll talk soon!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete