Saturday, April 4, 2009

2 words


So, if you know me well, you won't believe I'm writing a 2 word blog....I know, I know.

The 2 words are these: "The Shack".

This book, by Wm. Paul Young, is one of the most powerful ones I've read in a very long time, and I used to read A LOT (until I started making and selling my "riricreations" cards...)
I first read this book almost one year ago next week, after a very good friend had died on April 14, my oldest daughter was relieving April 16 nightmares at Va. tech, and then my youngest daughter and my father were both hospitalized at the same time 100 miles apart from each other~April was not a very good month last year. But, I've read the book again since then. Tommy, my hubby, read it twice in one week, on the way to Texas, and on the way back home to Va., last November. He then went out and bought 4 more copies to give to our girls and my mother and others for Christmas.Even well known religious leaders like Gordon MacDonald of Leadership magazine (Christianity Today) admits that reading it, along with his wife, was a moving experience. Many reading groups and small groups have been blessed by this book~you could be to.

But, you have to go in with an open mind, and if you do, no matter what your religious background is (or is not) I believe it will stretch your mind and prick your heart in a way that very few other books can or have. Your ideas of the Trinity (God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit) probably have never been imagined quite this way before...I can pretty much guarantee that. It's hard to read at times, because of the emotions, and at other times you can't put it down for the same reason-the emotions.

Do yourself a favor, during this spring break week or on the weekends, or at night~pick up a copy for you and another one to share with someone you love. Don't say I didn't warn you.
You will be blessed...

Hugs and Blessings,
Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment